Magento LiteMage Extension version 1.0.9 is now available for download and upgrade.
Magento LiteMage Extension is one of the component for LiteMage Cache which is installed in each Magento store to control what should and should not be cached (ESI Hole Punching).
We skipped the announcements for version 1.0.6, 1.0.7 and 1.0.8 as there’s not much improvements which are important. Version 1.0.9 is different from the previous versions though as it greatly improves LiteMage’s compatibility with other customized extensions.
If you have tried LiteMage in the past where it is incompatible with your Magento store, we highly recommend that you give it a try again with version 1.0.9.
List of Features and Enhancements
- 1.0.9 – Now compatible with customized message blocks that use templates. Added a new configuration option in the Magento Admin Panel to define these blocks.
- 1.0.9 – More tolerant of customized extensions using non-unique block names in layout files, as long as the alias is different.
- 1.0.9 – Improved compatibility with some extensions involving “cannot add to cart” errors for configurable products.
- 1.0.8 – Added version number to module title under System > Configuration in Magento Admin Panel.
- 1.0.8 – Added configuration option for customer defined block names associated with “welcome” and “toplinks” tags.
- 1.0.8 – Added configuration option to enable alternative ESI syntax if standard syntax is being filtered by some other extension(s).
- 1.0.8 – Fixed a bug when a dynamically created block is used.
- 1.0.7 – Added 2 access control points for LiteMage in Magento Admin Panel.
- 1.0.7 – Added the option to distinguish between logged in and logged out users only in “Separate Cache Copy per Customer Group”.
- 1.0.7 – Only allow LITEMAGE_DEBUG GET parameter when debug mode is set to “Yes” or current IP matches an IP listed in “Enable LiteMage Cache Only for Listed IPs”.
- 1.0.7 – Fixed a bug in multi-currency setup.
- 1.0.7 – Fixed a bug caused when “Separate Cache Copy per Customer Group” was enabled.
- 1.0.6 – Added a new block attribute to allow programmatic hole-punching of a dynamically created block from a template.
- 1.0.6 – Added user defined cacheable routes and Do-Not-Cache subroutes in configuration. Settings will be saved in the database, so no need to update conifg.xml.
- 1.0.6 – Added for debugging: Allow users to purge by Product/Category/CMS IDs or specific urls under Cache Management. Purge is automatically triggered in LiteMage when any information is updated in the Magento Admin Panel.
- 1.0.6 – Adjusted crawler to have a longer timeout.
Magento LiteMage Extension can now be installed and updated easily with Magento Connect.