LiteMage Cache uses the advanced Edge Side Includes (ESI) of the latest LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise 5.0 to punch holes in pages where information changes from visitor to visitor. The remaining content is saved to cache. When the next person visits the same page, the cached content is served quickly, with only the holes needing to be filled in with data for that visitor. LiteMage Cache also caches per-user data in private caches, so entire pages, even those with multiple holes, can be assembled completely from cache.
Hole Punching (Click for a detailed version)
What is LiteMage Cache?
LiteMage Cache is split into three (3) components and we fully optimize each component for the best performance possible.
LiteMage Cache Benchmarks
The following benchmarks are performed by LiteSpeed Technologies to show you how fast LiteMage Cache + LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise 5.0 is out of the box. As you can see LiteMage Cache blow all other solutions including Apache, Nginx and Turpentine (Varnish) out of the water.
We have optimized the LiteSpeed Web Server in our servers even further to provide you with even better performance than what is achieved out of the box.
LiteMage Cache Features
- Edge Side Include (ESI) engine for hole punching.
- Punched holes are configurable and mapped to blocks defined in Magento page layout.
- Main page and public blocks are cached once and served to all users. Private blocks are cached per-user and served only to that user.
- Retrieve multiple blocks in one request, minimizing the overhead of building pages with multiple blocks.
- Supports Last Viewed Product, Product Comparison, Product Toolbar Options, Stock Tracking and other features requiring communication with the Magento backend. (This support can also be turned off for even faster speeds.)
- Supports layered navigation, category filtering, view as, sort by and show per page functionality.
- Supports multi-store, multi-currency, and multi-user groups.
- Built-in crawler to warm up cache.
Compare LiteMage Cache to Other Full Page Cache Solutions
There are two main Full Page Cache solutions currently in the market. Varnish-based solutions are not only difficult to setup and doesn’t perform well but they also lack SSL support out of the box which can be a problem for eCommerce stores. PHP-based solutions will need to rely on PHP so they still need to be generated dynamically and as such scalability is limited.
Enter LiteMage Cache where all contents are served from cache with the fastest performance possible, supreme scalability and native SSL support.