Magento Commerce Community Edition (CE) Version 1.9.1 is now available for download and upgrade.
Magento CE 1.9.1 offers merchants a new set of features that help create compelling shopping experiences across all devices.
Magento Community Edition 1.9.1 includes the following new features:
- Configurable swatches enable merchants to show off a range of product attributes, such as colors, fabrics, or sizes, using a visual approach that is easy for shoppers to consume. Swatches can be used on product detail, category, and search result pages, and in layered navigation to help boost conversion rates. And, when shoppers click on a swatch, the product image automatically updates, giving them quick access to details needed to proceed with their purchase.
- An enhanced responsive design reference theme offers merchants a dramatically faster way to create mobile-optimized sites. The theme now includes new functionality, such as responsive default email templates, so customers can read order confirmation and account registration emails on any device. Additionally, it supports downloadable products, order histories, multi-address checkout, and more.
- Better site performance and security, now that Magento Community Edition 1.9.1 works with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5. MySQL 5.6 offers merchants improved site speed and scalability, reduced memory usage, and enhanced debugging tools, while PHP 5.5 provides security improvements and ensures merchants have continued access to PHP code updates.
- Support for Google Universal Analytics, the new standard for Google Analytics, provides merchants with deeper customer insights and access to ongoing feature updates that will only be available on this new platform.
- Over 70 enhancements, many made by members of the active Magento community, help improve a wide range of features.
For more technical information about Magento CE 1.9.1, please visit the release notes.
Please Note: We do NOT recommend upgrading a production installation of Magento directly. Please backup database and all files before upgrading. Please make sure to check for compatibility of your plugins and themes before you upgrade.