After nearly 15 million downloads since 3.4 was released not three months ago, the WordPress team have identified and fixed a number of nagging bugs, including:
- Fix some issues with older browsers in the administration area.
- Fix an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Improve plugin compatibility with the visual editor.
- Address pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Avoid errors with both oEmbed providers and trackbacks.
- Prevent improperly sized header images from being uploaded.
Version 3.4.2 also fixes a few security issues and contains some security hardening. The vulnerabilities included potential privilege escalation and a bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users. These issues were discovered and fixed by the WordPress security team.
We recommend everyone to update their WordPress to this latest version ASAP!